View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuman View Post
I won't be shocked if the Fire enter into a broadcasting rights contract with the Cubs and their new Marquee Regional Sports Network. Marquee needs to fill airtime when the Cubs are not playing, and the Fire need revenue and exposure. The timing of the move seems like an odd coincidence given the pending launch of this new cable station next year and this could very likely be the source of the money being used to buy out of their existing lease.

You may be right about the Fire/Marquee hook. But that wont be near enough programming to fill up time. MLS is only 40 games/year and it overlaps MLB season entirely. I look for the Blackhawks to be in the mix. 82 games and it will fill the Oct-March void. But i dont know their tv deal terms.

At one time there was talk of Detroit as part of the Marquee. Even though the Tigers suck, it would make sense as they are in the AL and do not compete against Cubs. And if they combined Tigers/Redwings with Cubs/Blackhawks they would have alot of dates covered with live sports.