View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 6, 2018, 1:55 AM

And this whole time of nothing going on, 10 investors have pledged $10 million a piece towards the Crew. The current consensus in Columbus is the longer it takes for a ruling in this case, the more time Columbus has to continue to add more investors to purchase the Crew and less chance for a move to Austin. Even worse for Austin's chances, if the Crew end up playing out the 2019 season in Columbus. From what I read in many comment boards in Columbus, there is a belief that there is deliberate stalling in place to give investors a chance to purchase the team, but so far very little about the proceedings is being made public as well as the valuation of the Crew itself. MLS wants to be in Austin. If the Crew manages to remain in Columbus, and Austin gets an expansion team, would Precourt and Austin be ok with that?
Personally, I think this may be the year Austin does NOT get an MLS team or Amazon's second HQ. And if that happens, watch the McKalla site remain undeveloped for several more years despite all the noise the local opposition made for better use.
With no end to the silence in sight, time is definately running out for a 2019 season in Austin. That's why I think the odds are drifting away from us.