View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 2:26 PM

The best BEST outcome would be to expand Red River past the Kimpton, around the back side of the Mexican American Cultural Center, and across the lake to connect with East Riverside Dr.

It would extend an important north south arterial across the lake, though there would be a chokepoint at Davis and/or Driskill.

EDIT: and generally speaking, I should note that though I consider myself an urbanist, I'm also a pragmatist. So while I think there's a good chance that the combustion engine goes away sooner rather than later, cars -- or rather, individual transportation modes that continue to require infrastructure -- aren't going anywhere in my lifetime. It'll be generations before we're so luxuriously bathed in transit options that we'll be able to get rid of our cars completely -- if ever. (Y'all have seen as well as I have how hard it was to get the mobility plan together -- and that's just to get us to a C- level of transit).

But either way, cars are here to stay until the end, so it behooves us to plan for them as well.

Last edited by We vs us; Mar 27, 2019 at 2:40 PM.