View Single Post
Old Posted May 29, 2011, 8:16 PM
Seek The Upward Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami High Rise View Post
And Troubador, is there a rendering or conception of the whole Megaman 2 tower that assumes what the other half should look likej?
Not to get OT, but the Megaman 2 tower probably isn't that interesting - it looks like a plain residential highrise, naturally on the Japanese model. The game intro only goes up 16 stories, though it's not clear how high up it begins. I'll make a new thread to show the building as best as my skill with Cut & Paste in MS Paint will allow. (Update: Okay, I've finished it - the thread is posted in the Skyscraper & Urban Art folder)

Anyway, back to the topic, Pingan has the potential to be the greatest project currently under construction anywhere - if they can just get going on it, and make the right decisions about exterior materials. This is a design that makes no compromises, which is a very rare and precious thing. The city of Shenzhen has an opportunity to truly add something remarkable to the world, if its financiers stay solvent, its designers don't get timid, and its builders don't get cheap.

Last edited by Troubadour; May 29, 2011 at 9:22 PM.