View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2019, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanview View Post
Hey I guess you're right, I'm overreacting I suppose. I guess its not terrible in time compared to some other places, but the fact that Virginia has better access to Dulles, the international airport, is just bad for DC business. Remember, the two area are still sort of competing with each other and I would prefer if DC prevail over the suburbs in the future, not the other way around because I prefer urban centralization over decentralization.. Also, an express train to the airport has a high prestige factor worldwide. I wanted an express link given the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do that. I thought that it would help get DC more connected to overseas markets and make it more desirable for business like the Dulles corridor has become. However, i get it that its probably too difficult to do.
I am with you. I want DC to grow more than Virginia suburbs(even if they are densifying). I would also love the option of an express train. Nothing is more calming when traveling on trains than knowing you aren't bothering other people with your luggage when you see everyone around you has luggage too. I don't know the thinking that went into this, but I am assuming it came down to money(of course).