View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2012, 4:49 AM
You can call me David

http://www.lapl.org/

e_r, I really like this Cornfield area photo that you posted a few days ago. You may already know this, but the 1886 "Wedge Building" as I call it at 1635 N. Spring -- the one with the ugly mural in front and the ancient railway tracks behind -- is at the upper right, indicated by my red arrow. The "House of 1646 N. Spring" whose plaque you had been trying to read is the dark building across the street, indicated by the other arrow.

The track on the left is part of Cathedral High, still there of course. The curved roadway to the left is Figueroa (now the 110), a few blocks south of the hills in BifRayRock's recent photo.

e_r, if only your photo was super hi-res, it would reveal so much more! Does anyone have any higher res aerials of this neighborhood?

---------------------------------

I was a disappointed to see Hollywood Heights and it's unusual elevator discussed here, only because I'd been there recently, and planned to spring on the thread myself! I don't think the area had been mentioned on this thread at all, until the other day. I walked around there with friends a couple weeks ago, and hoped to surprise you all with my photos of the elevator. Anyway, I will post about it soon, and have one or two other little surprises from that neighborhood.

Last edited by 3940dxer; May 18, 2012 at 5:21 AM.