View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 9, 2013, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
I don't disagree. However, the million dollar question is what Detroit would look like in that 10 years. Will most of the recovery happen in the suburbs and much of the inner-city still hallowed out? Would sprawl continue to spread outwards and away from the city? Would much of the urban landscape be converted into super-block farms or left to nature? Most likely, yes.

Detroit has a few ideas of what the city may look like in 50 years (which seems like a really far off date).

http://detroitworksproject.com/wp-co...ghborhoods.pdf

Nope....I think the major players in the Detroit region are finally realizing that a revitalized Detroit proper is the key to regional stability and growth. That revitalization will manifest the same way the city grew originally....which is from the core outwards. In 15 years Detroits population will be over 800,000, depending on what happens with the black population. I think the white population will increase significantly in coming years....but inner ring suburbs will experience white flight and many blacks may continue to move to the inner ring suburbs....decreasing the count in the city. If the black population in the city stabalizes while the white population increases in the core, the city will see net growth.