View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 16, 2017, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
Did anyone read today's VARIETY < click there

I'm curious what you NLA'ers think of the idea.
__
I hike in Griffith Park pretty often(I hiked there today) and I've hiked to the Hollywood Sign a couple of times; I think I'm against it. First of all, while quite a few folk want to "go to the Hollywood Sign" there's not much there. You get to see the back of the sign, but you don't get a much better view; that view you get from the neighborhoods directly below the sign. There's been a dispute between the home owners below the sign and access for people to the sign for years now. I'm really concerned how the construction and operation of this skyway will impact the northeast portion of the park.

ETA: The last time I hiked up to the sign(well behind the sign, you can't actually get closer than about 30' to the sign), I used public transporation(Metrolink, Metro, and the Hollywood DASH bus. ER, you remember the "Drinks" sign that you liked? That was from my hike back down from the Sign.

ETA2: Funny thing, if you search "Hollywood Sign" on Google Maps it will take you to Griffith Observatory. The home owners below the sign have quite a bit of influence.