View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
Your move, EVERYBODY.

I wonder if the convention center expansion to the strip will finally lull some of the north strip sites, and stalled projects like the Drew, out of the comatose state they have been in for a decade. It would make sense for hospitality companies to want to locate future large, flagship properties in the Las Vegas Valley beside this new epicenter of large events. Currently, other large cities like Oklahoma City, Atlanta and Salt Lake City have new large convention center hotels underway or recently completed .. TREND ALERT!

Resorts World could also be a catalyst for this, and we have yet to learn where the Atari Hotel will be located! Exciting times

I believe it will! Its well-known that conventions have become one of the biggest pulls in this city. If you have the super-massive Las Vegas Convention Center nearby as an attraction for these huge conventions, you'd think that developers will eventually catch on and center their projects around that area...instead of being forced to add a convention center of their own on the property (like the Mandalay Bay, Rio, Aria etc) and wasting tons of valuable space that could be spent on other amenities. What I don't know is if these resorts (with a convention center of their own) make enough from the leases of those halls alone to make a profit, or if the profit only comes after the hotel-room sales / gambling / and overall business the convention brings in. If the latter is the case, this theory would almost certainly hold up because owners would realize that as long as they are nearby, they will still capitalize off convention goers.

Speaking of the Las Vegas Convention Center

[IMG]IMG_0519 by Anthony Diaz, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0521 by Anthony Diaz, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0526 by Anthony Diaz, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0524 by Anthony Diaz, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0525 by Anthony Diaz, on Flickr[/IMG]

And speaking of The Drew Here's an angle rarely seen. From this angle, it's clear how much more money & work is needed to finish the project.

[IMG]TheDrew by Anthony Diaz, on Flickr[/IMG]