View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 19, 2015, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
I've handed people (in Canada; here in Vancouver and in Toronto) an NS driver's license and then been told that I need valid Canadian ID.
I've had what I believe is worse than that happen to me... For the renewal of our corporation's domain name that we had registered many years ago through godaddy.ca, they needed to see the company charter. We scanned the original document (we have a provincial corporation, not a federal one) issued by the Government of Quebec with their seal on it, and they replied that it appeared to be in a foreign language and we needed to have it translated (at our expense) to English.

I replied it was a government-issued document in the sole official language of our government, and that they at godaddy DOT CA would have to satisfy themselves with it. I offered to translate it myself for free for them, but they refused, it had to be an official translation. No way I was going to pay for that, so we were actually stuck at that point until the registration through these assholes expired and we could register our domain name somewhere else.

Can you believe that? I was absolutely astonished.