View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 8:25 PM

Another handy Julius Shulman post today where the address is in the title. This is "Job 5914: 6801 Iris Circle (Los Angeles, Calif.), 1981". The description says "For Bob Crane and Associates" - I'm assuming that's not the guy who played Col Hogan, as he died three years earlier. It also says "Photography credit to Carlos von Frankenberg." For some reason, 6801 Iris Circle doesn't seem to appear in the City Directories, even though some of its neighbors do. That means that I haven't been able to work out what the initials on the gates might stand for.

Getty Research Institute

None of the historic GSV images give a good view of the house from the street because of the trees. You can, however, see that the entrance is unchanged.

GSV

Here's an aerial view which also shows the proximity to the Hollywood Freeway (lower left).

Google Maps

The property websites give a build date of 1924. One of them, estately.com, has a collection of pictures of the property, including the ones below. Another site, abirdseye.com, has the photos presented as a slideshow. The first image shows that the gates are still the same as they were in 1981, although without the initials.

I love this door with weird-shaped glass.

The colorful tiles from the entrance continue inside the house.

The view at night isn't bad!

All from www.estately.com