View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townie709 View Post
Very interesting question indeed! For those who didn't look, the question was whether or not we should look at expanding the outer ring road from four lanes to six lanes.

I think it's worth looking at. I don't know if we really need it at this moment, but it will definitely come up in the not too distant future if the city continues to grow. If the city continues to grow at the rate it is, than I believe the outer ring road, Pitts memorial drive, kenmount road and topsail road should all be upgraded to six lanes.

I am in favor of upgrading it now, but a lot of people will say we don't need it yet. If/when the outer ring road is upgraded it should be 6 lanes from paddys pond (dannyland) to logy bay road, and lights should be installed in the same area. What do you guys think?
I'm not sure if the traffic volumes are there to warrant it. Yes, there are very high volumes during the morning and afternoon rush hours but three lanes might not be necessary during times outside of that. I would rather see streetlights on it before the addition of lanes.