View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 26, 2015, 9:11 AM
Khurram Parvaz

If they built the Burj Dubai the way they are building the 2nd Ave Subway, that skyscraper would only be half way up as we speak. They only ways they were able to get the Burj up are as follows.

1) Non stop, non stop, non stop, 24/7 365 day construction. They did not stop until it was completed

2) Workers rights are few and far between, they got poor indebted workers from mostly India and Pakistan and exploited them.

3) Infrastructure: desert

4) Money, money, money, money, MONEY.. UAE is rolling in oil money

America has money, and can have non stop day and night construction. America can also work around the existing infrastructure AND employ non unionized laborers. Lastly America can fine people who complain, especially if those peoples' real estate values go up via a 2nd Ave Subway.

America taught the world how to build and now America (the teacher) is being laughed at by the world (the students) inhabitants in China, India, Russia, Mexico, and the Middle East (UAE). In the end I'm not blaming America, I actually feel sorry for the USA. I just wish we could complete the 2nd Ave Subway in 3-6 years in its entirety, and IT IS possible as I stated above.