View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 9:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by patm View Post
I drive a 2006 Mazdaspeed 6. Love the car, got an intake, downpipe and tune (Cobb Accessport) and it's definitely got some go. However, it's got over 100,000 clicks, front damage, a pretty bad diff and a Check Engine light that needs to be checked so I will be looking to replace it soon. I might keep it as a mess around car because I don't want to try selling it damaged and I don't really know when I will fix it.
I personally like the value Mazda's offer and with pretty good styling too. My first 'new' car was a 1998 626 - car of the year that year. I sold it after 11 years and 225,000km. I'm surprised you're having challenges with just over 100,000km. Get it checked out and see what can be done reasonably before selling. With cars like this, however, body damage is more costly than the mechanical aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIGS View Post
it's so strange that Accords and Camrys are pushing almost 300HP these days! I'm liking the redesign of the Accord for 2013. always thought an Accord coupe would be cool
If you're a driver's driver, HP isn't the only thing you want to assess. Check how many g's can be pulled. Check acceleration, not only 0-60 but also for highway passing. You also want to consider the drive-train overall to see how the horses are translated to the rubber. Some CVT's can be good for some situations. Some trannys now have many gears, and if they shift well, they can be exceptional. Some set-ups can allow you to run higher revs, etc. Weight is another consideration, though if you want luxury, weight is a guarantee (and you need even more power).

Here are the specs for my FX35:
AWD with native RWD for acceleration.
303hp (this is the base - the larger engine pushes 400)
7 speed automatic with manual mode and snow mode.
Red-lines at 7,500, pretty good for a large V6
0-60 rated at 5.9seconds (very good for a 4,200 lb vehicle)
1/4 mile of 14.9s at 154.5km/hr
Top speed is 249km/hr
Lots of gadgets, from around view (which is amazing), sonar, dvd with remote control, reclining back seats, heated and cooled vented seats, blue tooth, nav, all the audio inputs, tells you the pressure in each wheel, high intensity lights, awesome sound, and so on.
Standard wheels - 265/60R18 110V

Why I chose this car:
- Works well as a family car. Enough space for camping and infant stuff without folding down the seats (in which case we wouldn't be able to take the infant).
- Very capable SUV. No issues with our weather, etc.
- Is a luxury car no doubt, and that was a consideration.
- Performance is awesome for this type of vehicle.
- They sell only a limited number, I think about 750 in Canada per year (though it may have changed) so I'm not one of the rest

Photos by this guy with the share-alike license:

Last edited by suburbia; Aug 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM.