View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Graham View Post
Yes, the Masonic Temple is elusive to find photos. I used to HAVE TO GO with my parents to their Masonic meetings and wait for them. We used to park by the Herald Express building and walk over to the Temple. I remember sitting in the library on the second floor looking out and down at the Kelly Kar Ko. across the street. I could look down on the wires for the street cars which would spark sometimes when a street car passed. In the basement was a Ballroom Dance business, I would peep in on them from time to time. Next door was a Pool Hall where I would go and buy a candy bar, nobody ever bothered me there. The elevator was manually operated and they had a man doing that during meetings or you took the stairs. Some of the lodge meeting rooms were plain but the Commandry Room was large with a pipe organ and stage. Sometimes they had entertainment other times it was lodge business. Their were rooms for large dinners which I still can remember, even faces of people that I knew. All Gone Now...
Fantastic memories Hollywood Graham. You actually transported me back in time for a few minutes.
I'm so glad you decided to share this with us.

__