View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 29, 2011, 2:42 PM

More then and now

I love this kind of pics (thanks to Los Angeles Past for his incredible and awesome work with his 'then and now' images)

Some of the next following pictures could have been already reposted. Please correct me if I'm not correct with locations and dates:

-3rd St intersection with Flower St. 1952 and 2009.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
West mouth of the 3rd St tunnel (or west side of the tunnel). Does anybody know about those beautifull victorian homes on Bunker Hill?

-Figueroa St, looking south, 1970 and 2005:

-Hope and Wilshire, 1951 and now.

-Northbounds of the Harbor Freeway, 1973 and now:

The tower in construction in the picture above might be the Aon Center Tower. The present day view shows a very dense skyline, and we can not see the Aon Tower anymore, as new towers are seen in the foreground, like for instance the 777 Tower.

-More northbounds of the Harbor Freeway: aerial views and some Google Earth help:

First picture on the left shows a perfect view of the Statler Hotel, and the old art-decó, now vanished, Richfield Tower. Also we can see Bunker Hill far in the distance. The next one on the right, dated by 1968, shows the first works for the construction of the Union Bank Plaza. The lower picture on the left, dated in 1970, shows the 'bunkerhillization' aftermath: Union Bank tower completed, vacant lots, and no more Bunker Hill homes. The Richfield Tower is gone. And finally a 3d skecth from Google Earth: welcome to L.A.!

-Bunker Hill towers as seen from LADWP in 1988 and now:

The picture above shows a thin building under construction: The Library Tower taking shape. The present day photo give us a new tower: a little difficult to see, it's the Two California Plaza, behind his little brother, on the left part of the picture. The Walt Disney Concert Hall is also seen.

-Bunker Hill as seen from the City Hall deck observation, in 1939 and in 2009: