Thread: The Cat Thread
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 17, 2009, 4:46 AM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
So, I have a new cat. Back in June we lost our cat Jodie. He had some kind of stone that had started to develop without us knowing it.

This little guy was sitting in the street one night. He's a few months old I guess, I'm not really sure. I don't have a name for him yet. We came home and he was sitting in the street. I had to get out and move him. I was expecting him to run off as soon as I got close, but I just bent over and scooped him up. He seemed really tame and clean, so I took him home thinking he belonged to someone. I figured if he didn't know to get out of the street that he'd be right back there and might possibly get hit. So the next day I walked back down there to knock on their door to see if they owned him. They said their neighbor has cats. So I went over there and didn't get an answer at the door. I went home and made a "cat found" sign. On the way back to put it up on the street light, I noticed our neighbor walking down his driveway. I asked if he had cats, and he said the cat was from a litter that started hanging around and said I could have him. Our neighbor across the street recently went into the hospital (she's elderly) and all the stray cats she'd cared for are starting to branch out into the neighborhood. Anyway, apparently the mother of my cat hung around her house. My neighbor said the cats follow him around everywhere. He said he'd probably just left and walked up to the store when we came by and found him sitting there. So anyway, now I have a new cat. I just don't know what to name him yet. He's really sweet and soft. He has sort of orange/brown eyes. He's really affectionate, purrs all the time and gets along well with the dogs. He has the tiniest meow, he's a bit of a crybaby. He's an awesome lap cat and has this funny thing about putting his feet on you, he doesn't scratch you, he just puts his feet on you. He'll even reach up to try and pull you closer. He loves being close. He also likes SkyscraperPage and wants to know what it's about.

Absolutely adorable kitty, Kevin!

As for me, I'm a bit down right now... Had to drop my two cats off at one of my sister's friend's houses... She's going to take care of them for me while I'm living with my sister and brother-in-law (move over there from Bakersfield this weekend), since he can't have cats around due to his asthma...

No cats around kinda sucks for me right now...

Aaron (Glowrock)