View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2021, 12:29 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
Yeah, not having spent a good deal of time in either city, Cleveland and St. Louis do remind me of each other. Though I'd guess St. Louis is more similar to Cincinnati due to the "high school" question .
theres definitely some similarities there in the social environments between st louis and cincinnati. however, st louis got the great lakes style industrial supercharger (think pruitt-igoe) to sort of bloat things though and thus has massive expanses of industrial areas as well as huge contiguous suburbs of the same era that cincy (or even cleveland i don’t think) doesn’t have on the same scale.

in that way the mid-outer suburban areas are more like a smaller metro detroit than anything with colossal areas of middle class Home Improvement era suburbs extending away from downtown towards the west. parts of the suburbs have their own radio stations that are so far out that i lose the signal downtown. i don’t get that sense of scale in metro cincinnati, which feels more ensconced in its region and isn’t stretching itself towards the sunset up out of the river valley.

Last edited by Centropolis; Mar 27, 2021 at 12:42 PM.