View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 28, 2014, 11:49 PM

Thank you ethereal_reality

[QUOTE=ethereal_reality;6671640]Earlier tonight I received a message from a very important member that said they were quitting the thread because it has become 'inane'.
(in fact, it's the second message I received this week...they also said they were quitting the thread)

I am at a loss.....a complete loss.
What do I say to these people who mean so much to me?

__

Admittedly I am new to the forum and haven't offered very much in the few months I've been here, but I have found in its pages a wonderful panorama of Los Angeles history and culture. It's certainly disappointing when key participants find fault or somehow perceive a lack of value. No forum is perfect. I don't believe Noirish was created to be the bastion of academic scholarship. But in its way, it has generated curiosity and launched further investigation into the city many call home. On top of everything, Noirish has been wonderful in its ability to maintain civility and goodwill.

For my part, I think that Noirish LA has proven itself as a fantastic resource. As a person who has spent more than one-half of his life in this city, Noirish LA has given me a greater love for this city, as well as a profound respect for those who have contributed so much to this forum. Despite what some may think, the tone and prevailing atmosphere of this thread has kept me coming back.

My best to you, E_R and to the rest of the Noirish family. jtown