View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 22, 2014, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
I went down this morning and asked again. The lady said she heard they were moving in Feb but also heard September. So either way it's going to be a little while before anything happens.
I went to the Open House today to try to find when the construction is supposed to start. I didn't really find out for sure, because they didn't really want to answer that it seems, but they are filing some permits this Friday and the loan for construction closes at the end of August. The sales seem to be going well ... I think they have 5 under contract and 2 about to go under contract? So they've already "sold" (I guess?) 33% of the units.

HOA fees are $0.53 / sq ft. That seems absolutely insane to me. The smallest floor plan is about 1,800 sq ft so it is about $1,000 /mo to live there, minimum. They also will not be having a 24/7 concierge, which is surprising because I don't know of any other building in midtown that doesn't have one. The reason was that it would be too expensive. I'm GUESSING that the high HOA fees and stuff like an extended hours concierge will exist until they build their financial reserves.