View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2019, 9:10 PM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1052 View Post
I don't particularly disagree with any of this. I'm not passionate about airport express service to begin with. I'd rather have CTA focus on getting (and keeping) the Blue Line in good shape and replace the aged rolling stock as soon as they start getting 7000 series cars. Also maybe find a way to reliably inform incoming passengers which track of the terminal will be the next to board from...
At least having some or all cars fitted with luggage racks would be useful.

I still think the idea of having one or two extra premium fitted cars attached to usual Blue Line trains that include say usb/charging outlets, comfort seating etc may be all that is really needed for many travelers to pay an extra $5-10 for the privilege. Having those cars only be available to take on passengers at a few select stations would cut down on some logistical issues I'd think.

I speculate that it is not so much the surplus time that is a turn off for many potential travelers but riding with the everyday "riff-raff" along with their luggage that barely fits next the seats and being subjected to the summer/winter elements every stop when the doors open.