View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 10:25 PM

williamchung taiwan, I don't work for any company, but a friend of a friend needed help to design her home addition and my wife's name came up as a suggestion. I just made some designs for fun and they were picked up. The owner is very gypsy-like and loves blue and white-like Mediterranean homes. The builder took the job and didn't know what he was doing quite often, and had never done a design like mine before.

kalifese, you're right on the money! The 'pebble stone' finish is very popular in Taiwan and you usually see it on exterior finishes. This was the end-choice of the owner, but I wonder how often they will have to scrub it clean. It's very durable, but they'll need to use a scrub brush, for sure. I also hate the cheap, tiny bathtub they chose, but hey, it's their house!

As for the space between the curve and the toilet, you're right again, and here the builder didn't follow my design. He, or I should say the worker, decided to add an extra 12cm to the original design and the flat floor space is now cramped. You have to elevate your left left foot on the ridge. But surprisingly, everyone is still happy. Sometimes I guess you need that little extra 'foot-push'! Ha ha.

I tell you, this project was full of wonderful surprises and unbelievable headaches, and it's not over yet! But if all goes well, maybe we'll do another one. I'll post some more pics of my yard design and the interior walls, along with my wife's kitchen tiles. The kitchen cabinet work was done by Grace Kitchens, and they were totally professional. I recommend them.