View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 24, 2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
I've always loved Pershing square. Here's a bunch of pix over the years:
Thank you very much for your pics, I'm going to save them to my pc to add them to my L.A. vintage photos.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I'm particulary interested in all those pictures of Pershing Square, looking south west or looking shouth, you just post a moment ago.
I've got some questions for the next following ones:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What is the name of the building in Olive and 6th st intersection, in front of the Pacific Mutual Building? Today the building is still there, but I couldn't get any info about it on the net...My bad!

I loved this one. Wow! Look at the buildings across 6th st, in front of Pershing Square... On the left side, on the roof of the first building there's a big neon sayin STATE LIFE...What is its official name? Is it the same building we can see today? And the next one?
Finally, and that's why I love this pic... the third lower building, corner of south olive and 6th st, in front of Pershing... It has a sign on its roof saying CAGELS??? What was the name of this building? This is the place where today stands the City National Bank Building... The first modern office tower in L.A. along with the One Wilshire Building?

And finally...many thanks for that one:

On the remaining buildings... Is there a plan to torn down the Tittle Guarantee Bulding, to build there a new tower? I thought that this building was used nowadays as lofts... This thing is taking me to another question... Is still downtown loosing all its remaining art-decó buildings to be replaced by new highrising or new office towers?

I wish I could have a guide on the vanished art-decó buildings of downtown, plus the remaining ones...

Thanks for your help! I love it!