View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovangar2 View Post
LOL, if we're talking about the relative artistic merits of the statue, that's an entirely different subject, hard as it is to separate that from the effect of the monument. I imagine some students might think it's a good thing to celebrate the vanquishing of races while other students, Indians in particular (the school publishes it's demographic on its web site), might react with a consternation equal to the expression modeled on the statue. I hope the monument hasn't emboldened anyone to harass the Indian students.

Still don't agree with you (I'm of the school that thinks respect for the student is the key to education), but I'll defend to the death your right to attempt to get the various laws and policies changed to make your idea come true. Goodness knows I spend enough time in such pursuits, with enough success to keep me at it.

Don't be silly GW, it was just a recommendation.

I would have thought it was little christians who robbed the monument of it's nose, fingers and toes, but that's just a guess.

Thanks guys for being such good company.
GaylordWilshire, do you remember where on the old campus the statue was? I was thinking at the south end of the main building, but I really don’t remember. And since these views show him painted green, do you remember did the school have official school colors then? I don’t remember that either. We had our class colors – Pink and Black as B9’s and turquoise and white as A9’s.
Anyway, this is probably more conversation and attention about the old guy then he has had in many years. Glad to see he is at least safe (for now). Thanks to those who took the time to see how this link to the past has survived. Being sort of an awkward kid at that age, he was one of my better memories from 57 years ago at TSK – along with my drafting teacher who got me pointed in the direction of engineering.