View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2014, 9:12 AM

Regarding the delay of the Hotel Monroe conversion and it being a Garden Inn, as opposed to the original boutique plans:

Quote:
I walk by it every day, nothing seems to be happening, I never see anyone go in or out. No way itll be done by the Super Bowl like they said/hoped.
Yea, I think that pipe dream is long gone. It isn't in any way safe or realistic to finish and move tenants into the retail spaces first, right? I assume there's liability issues related to the construction, but it's not like tenants need to move out during construction on other structures? Though, those aren't complete remodels and who would want to sign a lease knowing their business would be impacted by scaffolding, etc. - unless heavily discounted?

But, I am forgetting we aren't getting wine cellars and nightclubs that would've been great for the Superbowl anymore... Atlanta's mixed use Garden Inn at Centennial Park contains a Legal Sea Foods (east coast chain; there's one in the mall near by home in NJ), Johnny Rockets and several empty spaces. =/ And, that's with an Embassy Suites and other mixed use projects nearby.