View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post

This afternoon we have a mystery location...A large junkyard in Los Angeles.

eBay

If you look in the distance there appears to be an earthen retaining wall...And yes, the starlets are beautiful!

Here's a better look at (what I think is) an 'earthen retaining wall'.

See what I mean?

Thanks, Ethereal, for the delightful publicity photo of Elyse Knox (mother of Mark Harmon) and Marjorie Lord (lifelong Christian Scientist, married to actor John Archer and mother of actress Ann Archer, a prominent Scientologist - no relation at all to Christian Science). Inside the front seat of the junked car at the far left is what appears to be a ghostly, mask-like face, surely an optical illusion)
Another interesting photo also that mentions Nichiren Shoshu, a Bhuddist chanting organization, that had a big L.A. headquarters bldg. overlooking the beach at Santa Monica. Is it long-gone? I well-recall being stopped by a Nichiren Shoshu devotee in a Santa Monica parking lot in the 70's...when I politely declined his invitation to an orientation, he called me "stupid." I had an odd neighbor in Ocean Beach, a devotee of Nichiren Shoshu, who would chant creepily like someone in a drug trance for hours at a time. Those were the lovely days when most everyone, (except for the elderly) in Santa Monica, Hollywood & environs was frequently accosted by "Moonies," Scientologists.," (would you like to take a survey?, they would endlessly ask passerby) "Hare Krishna" chanters, Nichiren Shoshu followers, and Tony & Susan Alamo "Jesus Freak" cultists. They all wanted you to come to their "meetings." Don't forget all of the weirdness going on at the huge Synanon Bldg (I believe it's the Casa del Mar Hotel today & as Synanon was finally shut down as a criminal organization) and there was another big drug rehab/halfway house called Tu'em Est (I think that means "It's Your Choice.") in a rambling brick structure in Venice. A strange time.

Last edited by JeffDiego; Mar 28, 2024 at 4:33 AM.