View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 14, 2015, 2:46 AM
Fourth and Main

Forsyth County Update:

Northside Forsyth:
I noticed a tower crane at Northside Forsyth this week, from 400. I'm not sure how long it has been there? It appears as if they are building a $48 million expansion that will add shared operating rooms and 16 new beds. Northside Forsyth will have 229 beds after the expansion. Are they adding floors to the existing building or building a new building? I can't find any renderings showing a new building on their campus?

Parterre on Big Creek:
Prepare for another Avalon, just a few exits north on 400 at McFarland! RocaPoint Partners is planning a 134 acre project, designed in the tradition of English and French garden cities, with 280 apartments, 150 age-restricted units, 92 single family home lots, and over 500,000 square feet of shops, hotels, and office space. It will be a market built around a town green and will connect to the Big Creek Greenway. The developer said this project will advance smart growth in metropolitan Atlanta, learning from and following the successes of projects such as Avalon. “Avalon proved there is a desire for a pedestrian-oriented mixed-use development in the suburbs.” We also believe Forsyth is ready for this type of pedestrian-friendly mixed-use development.

Credit: WB Associates