View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 1, 2015, 4:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
As I'm sure you guys aware the Natomas building moratorium is being lifted this year, I think April or so time frame. Now that Fargo is out of office and the seems the city has shifted to dense urban infill, any chance that Natomas will see a significant density increase in the next around of development? We already have one highrise in Natomas, why not add a few more for residential, even most 10 story buildings?

Anyone know what the plans are besides finishing off neighborhoods that were already under construction before the housing bust/moratorium?
Unfortunately I think we'll be seeing a lot of the "same ole' same ole'" suburban sprawl in Natomas post-moratorium. You'll likely see more things that are very similar to what is already being built there. They are zoning a huge area by the airport for a massive industrial park, most of the areas along the freeways will be your typical big-box outlets, etc. They do want to extend the green line to the airport, but I think the area will build out before that ever comes to fruition. The only plus is once this area is built out, new sprawl won't have anywhere close to the core of Sacramento to go, so there should be more pressure to increase density in the core after Natomas is done. I don't think Sacramento City would ever annex outside of Sacramento County, so that would leave Sac to focus on infill instead of outward expansion.