View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
^ Yes, people in other countries are constantly at fear of armed criminals

Even in the US the majority of people don't have guns. Given the prevalence of mental illness, a it would be extremely irresponsible for a significant minority of the country to have guns in any case.
The majority of people are not mentally ill. And given the fact he was shaming America's murder rate, I'm going to assume he was talking about making gun law changes to America, not some other country.

I'm not "constantly" in fear of an armed criminal. However, it happens numerous times every day to hundreds of people. Being victimized in their own homes by armed criminals.

So let me just ask you this: if guns were banned for normal citizens and your family member got their home broken into by let's say two criminals. One of them having a gun. What do you expect your family member to do now? I would like to hear your response. A gun won't always help in every situation like that, but at least it gives you a fighting chance.