View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2010, 3:56 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Glad you like it. The western Staten Island shore should be a good place to explore, supposedly a lot of old, abandoned boats just rotting away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
For the "record," this is my favorite thread on this entire site. SO beautiful, I spend a lot of my free time at the edge of or in water,
so this thread reveals a paradise that I didn't really understand existed. Thank You NYguy...
I always like to spend time on the waterfront as well. I think the waterfront is the biggest aspect of New York, even more than skyscrapers. It varies, be it river,
ocean, or creek, but the city is surrounded by water. So I wanted to show this other side to the city.

Here are a few of my own photos from the Coney Island redevelopment thread, probably the city's best known waterfront community.

MAY 1, 2010

1. Steeplechase Pier

16. The icon of Coney Island, the old Parachute Drop...

17. The Parachute Drop will be the centerpiece of the new Steeplechase Plaza, scheduled for groundbreaking later this year on this site...

18. Weeds grow and blow, waiting for the winds of change to bring new development to an area that once brought joy to millions...

19. Boardwalk restoration continues...

21. More Coney Island classics...

30. Indoor amusements will claim a wide swath of the amusement area, virtually cut in half by the planned "Wonder Wheel Way"...

33. People seemed to be skeptical that the Luna Park site will be ready by the end of the month...I think it will be though.

35. Future entrance to Luna Park...

36. Multiple subway lines help to keep Coney Island one of the city's favorite playgrounds...

Sounds of the Cyclone...

Video Link

Sounds of the Boardwalk...

Video Link

Video Link

Video Link

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.