View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malumot View Post
I agree with the 150 ft limit. As to the other we'll have to part ways.

I can - and do - see this all day long. In fact it's ALL I see. Its floorplate is efficient. Its systems are modern. The landscaping is pretty. There's plenty of parking. These are the types of buildings I've worked at the past 25 years. And as to "organic"......there's is nothing "organic" about this, apart from a literal reference to the trees and grass. EVERYTHING you see was meticulously planned beforehand.....every bush, every tree, every crosswalk, every light fixture.

But....To walk down THIS street would be like going to Disneyland...... Feel the steam escaping from the vent at the cleaners......smell that fried chicken.....check out all the exotic herbs in the window at D.R. Wong's........

......all that and I've only walked 1/3 of a block.

....Green River bourbon, you say? Boy I could use a shot and a Lucky Lager. I'm sure we'll find a nice dark bar up the street soon....

So if there's nothing organic about those properties why do you think they represent something I'm defending? I find them by and large cold and uninviting. As to the street scene, I've wandered those exact streets for over sixty years and generally loved every minute. You're not the only person who is drawn to an urban setting. Again, what in my comments leads you to believe I wouldn't find them so? I think you're spoiling for a fight. You're going to have to look elsewhere.