View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 9:07 PM

More seriously, it may be useful to bring up some kind of definition of 'fractional count'.
Googling it straight takes you to this.

https://www.nature.com/articles/549S79a

The problem is that kind of stats is always controversial, because of the favored method to compute them.

And it's well known, researchers may be somehow educated and very specialized in their own fields, they are not particularly wiser or more honest than your average neighbors, so they always tend to favor and quote their very friends over the competition.
Everybody is a selfish and disgusting asshole. Lol, even the greatest scientists.

As a result, truth is not only a matter of raw science. It also depends on your honesty and how well-mannered you are.
In a nutshell, when you're no wimp, you're not scared of rivals. They may even eventually turn out to be friends of yours once you actually know them.

That being said, I won't complain too much about their ranking. My only concern is there's nothing much about my country/republic aside from super pop Paris.
Even Lyon is down in the ranking, while the obvious 2nd center of science and tech in France.