View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 12:56 AM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBruin View Post
I can believe it. I like to think that everything balances out to an equilibrium set roughly by the market, but I guess now you're probably getting the point that it is pointless arguing with a libertarian zealot .

I do think, however, that if there was more market pressure in the United States to build transit systems, then there would be the political will to build better ones. If not, then that would mean that our political system is flawed, which is something that I think has yet to be proven.
Not proven that the political system is flawed? It also hasn't been proven that the political system operates similarly to a market. Ironically, one thing that has been proven - or at least widely accepted by economists - is the existence of flaws in the market system, referred to as market failures. I hate to think of anyone as a hopeless case, but I guess I'll have to believe you.

Last edited by Nouvellecosse; Sep 14, 2019 at 2:35 AM.