View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2009, 6:40 PM
Westbank = Bestbank

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXbubba View Post
I have watched Atlanta rise for the past few decades and while it is a big city with an urban core, it unfortunately seems to have forgotten its Sourthern roots and has become rather souless. My wife just got back from ATL and her impression was it was just like any other big concrete city. Not sure what she expected, but she was dissappointed at the hardness of downtown with so little greenery in the public spaces and even in Olympic Plaza. Just an opinion and not meant to be derogotory to ATL.
Your wife needs to check out AtlantaTimeMachine.com and see the comparison photos. One thing that consistently amazes me is the fact that Atlanta's streets were basically treeless. In those historical photos Atlanta's streets look naked. It would appear that the city has made a conscious effort to plant trees and green the landscape. Not to mention the parks. They tore down several blocks to build Centennial Olympic Park, and also tore down about two blocks in the very heart of Downtown to build Woodruff Park. To say that Atlanta is soulless is simply not true.

My vote is for Allen Plaza.