View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Robag, I find that when flights get changed due to schedule/route issues, United will typically bend over backwards to accommodate you. I have ended up with better flights than the ones I was originally supposed to have in circumstances like these... the flights you have been given are not necessarily the ones that you are stuck with (well, not that you could take those flights in this case, but in any event...)

Play around with United's website and see if there are better flights for your travel date. Once you have one or two in mind with available space, call United and ask them to rebook you on it.
I'm a bit of a travel nut, and research the airlines quite a bit. Trust me, I've done all the searching on United. I also contacted United, but have not changed my flights yet, as we are traveling with another couple and we want to explore all options before changing them.

There is absolutely no one stop on the day we are planning on flying home. If we wait two days, we can get the one stop back through Denver, but that is adding to what will already be an expensive trip. We may still do that, but the only thing that gets us home in one day means 2 stops in Houston and Calgary, and close to 14 hours of travel. Not my ideal way of getting home.