View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2015, 7:23 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by migol24 View Post
So I've been working for uber and it has got me to meet some interesting folks, like the other day I picked up this man who was from the east coast, who seemed a bit agitated and drunk. He also said he tours with The Who. But he went on and on about how much he hated Austin, or Texas for that matter, and he thought Austin was the most prejudice city he'd been in. I thought it was funny and was just amusing him the whole time. But your comment reminded me of it lol.

Anyways, haven't been on here for a good while. I think I have a lot of catching up to do!
I sometimes wonder at what kinds of experiences that some of these people have while here that give them such a negative view of the city because the overwhelming amount of people I meet visiting like and enjoy Austin. Sure there are those who don't but we can't please everyone now can we I'm just curious if it's more about their experiences here or if they just have an automatic bias against the city for whatever reason. I can understand such sentiments about Texas as a whole but Austin is very different from the rest of the state.

Anywho back on topic... Who can give a rough estimate of when they think the Fairmont will rise out of its hole?