View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 12, 2014, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjansen View Post
I can help out in that department

and just for comparison sake, here is the rendering that i posted previously

it is indeed the same house as the rendering.

here is the current house courtesy of googlemaps

it looks like they softened the precast panels on either side of the north and south windows, and built those windows as bay windows

weird how the home was designed for Berkeley Square, and then was built just outside the community to the west

on second thought, i'm going to have to say that the googlemaps photo is of a different building that was inspired by the house built in Berkeley Square. There are quite a few details that are different between the two structures.
I'm digging deep back in this thread lately. I've been starting from the beginning and working my way through. I just wanted to comment on this home. It's sad that what was once a place of mansions is now reduced to a crime infested low income area. Unfortunately most of old Los Angeles has become this way.

And while I have your attention, I started posting in this thread back in 2011 and then disappeared for a few years. When I left, the page count was at 768 and now look at it! Geez, I have millions of fascinating hours ahead of me.
Thank you to everyone who makes this thread amazing. I'm glad to be back and look forward to solving the mysteries of the past.