View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 4:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dense_Electric View Post
Don't mind Bill, the only reason he ever comes in this topic is to bitch and moan about how bad the building is. A sad individual with nothing better to do.
LOL, that would only be true, maybe, if I came here all the time and bitched, but I hardly ever post here at all. Go check how many posts I've made. And I've been registered here since, oh, about 2004. (ETA: 229 posts in ten years. Yeah, I've got nothing better to do, all right!)

The building is a piece of shit. It's a typical David Childs banality. He has even bragged about the banality of his buildings: giving soulless corporate clients what they want, as cheaply as possible. He knows the game.

He is the court architect of Silverstein. You think Larry knows anything about any topic other than money? You are naive.

I regard you and the others here as lemmings. All that interests you is that the thing is TALL. Sorry, tall is not enough. Also, this stupid building -- which, as the social critic James Howard Kunstler noted years ago, "lacks even the dignity of a common bowling trophy" -- does not even replace the twin towers. Seen from a distance it just looks like a bland rectangle, and it looks as if they got around to replacing one of the Twins and ran out of money to replace the other.

The gushiness over this silly thing displayed on this forum is just symptomatic of how desperately people wish to rally around some symbol, no matter how trite and empty it is. As a result, it is interesting to observe this forum from afar, as instructive on the oddities of human nature. And of course, anyone who has a different point of view from the cult mentality displayed on this thread is slandered as being "a sad individual with nothing better to do." Nothing better to do? Again, I hardly ever post here. I do like to observe the inanities of you all, though, and your desperate desire to believe that this idiot architecture is anything but cheap tinsel topped by a toothpick.

I live in NY and was here on 9/11. I resent that this banality has been foisted on us as a replacement for what used to be there. If you don't like a contrary opinion to your delusions, too bad for you. Suck it up.