View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 8, 2012, 12:04 PM

It's about respect!

The average Canadian adult will spend more than $85 on booze in December, which translates to about one bottle of spirits, three bottles of wine and 27 bottles of beer, according to the BMO Holiday Spirits report.

I heard a quote on the news last night. Something about the LCBO does not bring in the profits, the taxes do.

This is a big debate lately and I just think it would be nice for the local breweries, wineries, distributors and lastly local businesse can participate on a more on open market or playing field. Ask any micro brewery if they can sell their products in the privately owned BEER STORE here in Ont.

No, only at the LCBO, the two big INTERNATIONAL owners make it very expensive to break into the beer market. Talk about suppressing the competition. Which are your neighbors.

Jerry Agar CFRB, had an neat analogy closing arguement imagine it other products like toys were marketed like this.

Dare I mention less pollution with walking to the corner store. More exercise walking depending on your level of consumption.

Just let some of the monopoly be shared by the private sector.