View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 1, 2015, 9:10 PM

Downtown Update

Proposed - The AIR URBAN CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPBDEV View Post

Hi,

As promised, below represents our final design selection for AUC. After looking at countless ideas I feel we have something iconic coming to SLC (both in design and services/offering).

We will have some big announcements coming soon, including the hotel group we have chosen (you will not be disappointed). The following renderings are not final quality, but provide
a good overview of the design/layout. In the next month we should have complete renderings, which will include the materials/skins and other design related details. Many details that
will warm up our design are still forth coming. AUC will project high energy at street-level, yet will be warm and inviting when completed (details are not yet shown in these preliminary
renderings).

Special thanks going out to our Architects/IBI, who I believe have done an amazing job at coming up with an original and beautiful design for AUC!

We are very close to having all of the pieces to get AUC underway ...

Cheers, Ken

[B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPBDEV View Post
Quick Update - AUC

I just wanted to give a quick update. We will be coming out with more information in coming months about the Air Urban Center (AUC). We have made big strides regarding the final capital stack and various key partnerships, etc. We are finalizing design (just minor changes to the interior floor plans, etc.) based on feedback from our hotel partner and builder.

We are engaging the city and state at several levels and should be able to announce our partnerships and a more solid start to build date, info should be coming in two or three months. Mainly we have to lock down our plans and get final on total build budget/estimate. We cannot make any formal announcements until these items are completed (chicken and the egg scenario). I wish I had more for you, but the project is progressing nicely in general. Our goal is to start construction by mid 2016 and hopefully not slide to 2017 as some are speculating. Big projects like AUC can and will throw a lot of curve balls, so no guarantees on final details as of yet.

I will post more definitive information as I'm able.

Regarding the post about the 28 story building at the Arrow Press Square site. We have heard nothing about this from the city, etc. As some have suggested (as well to me) it looks like a copy of our AUC (sort of a merge of our old and new design) taking several obvious design elements from our building. If in fact a true project I would like to see changes to it so it stands as a unique project and not a clone/copy of AUC. Like most of you I love to see progressive investment and building happen in SLC. However I also agree that we must preserve our historical sites/structures. Beautiful history should be preserved and not replaced. With AUC we are building something beautiful and needed from a location that was just an old tire store, which I'm sure you all would agree is a major improvement to our growing downtown core at several levels. I think beautiful historical architecture should be preserved at all cost if at all possible.

Cheers, Ken

AUC Corner 400S & West Temple

AUC 400S (East Facing)

AUC Hotel Courtyard

AUC Pooltop Day

AUC Pooltop Night

AUC Sidewalk View

AUC Rooftop Overview

Last edited by delts145; Aug 5, 2015 at 11:46 AM.