View Single Post
Old Posted May 24, 2020, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
Alright. Let's say half in a decade. What's the plan then? The timeline is far less relevant than the numbers.

Also, curious that you have so much faith in EVs at the macro level but can't see any of this at the micro level. I actually think half my neighbours driving EVs in a decade is realistic. But very much dependent on the infrastructure provided.
The plan will be more distributed charging within the building. Not chargers in every stall, though we may consider funding options for people who want to pay more.

Why I can't see this at a micro level? I'm living it. The wholesale change to EVs won't happen overnight, we all know that. Furthermore, we could be in a future of shared autonomous EVs in 10-20 years. So why spend so much time now worrying about dedicated 50A circuits that will never be needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
Most curiously the new building code requires all home garages to be prewired for EVs. No such requirement for condo parking.
Pre-wiring for condos has been in the building code here for years. It started back around 2014 and was re-vamped recently.