View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ Tech definitely has no soul.

Spending all day sitting in front of a laptop is soooo not sexy or full of personality, I don't care how you dress.

When I think of "soul" in a corporate sense, what comes to mind is those traders in the film The Wolf on Wall St.

And tech has even sucked the soul out of that industry. Tech is the OPPOSITE of soul. If soul is MATTER, then tech is ANTI-MATTER. There is nothing soulful about tech. Tech is anti-human. It degrades our species in every way.
I think you don't "get" tech.

Most of the tech in San Francisco is software and a lot of that (Salesforce not included) is gaming software. The employees don't sit in front of computers all day. Much of the day is spent in groups or individually with other employees "brainstorming". How is what the traders in WOWS were doing (cold calling and cheating clients) any more "soulful" than thinking up a new way for you to kill opponents spewing as much fake blood as possible on a screen?

These are images of one SF tech company's--AirBnB--new offices:

All images: https://www.dezeen.com/2017/10/03/ai...san-francisco/

This is pretty much the direction Salesforce and the rest are going too: Spaces for employees to assemble comfortably with each other and cross-fertilize ideas. There are a few computer screens visible, but they are not the focus of most spaces or most employee time.