View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 8:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Pal View Post
By the way, does anyone know? This film is about a guy who is a photographer and he likes to go to a place on Sunset Blvd. (Model Shop) where you buy a ticket and then rent a camera and film, or bring your own, and then pick out a model and they go to a room (I don't know if they're all like this, but the room they go to has bedroom furnishings in it) and then you take photos of the model you've picked out (sexually explixit ones as well). You surrender the film before you leave and they tell you a photo place that will have your pictures ready at a certain time.

Did (do?) these places really exist anywhere? I'd never heard of such a thing before.

There are other L.A. locations in this film. Some scenes take place in a house that has an oil well next to it.
Martin:
I used to know a woman [Joanie] in 1972 who worked at an X-rated photo studio that was located in the Crossroads of the World building on Sunset Blvd.. They took photos of people who were interested in nude modeling and acting in X-rated films. They always gave the patrons wine and then took nude photos of them. They always had an endless supply of male and female models. Its Hollywood so there's no surprise there.

I don't remember the name of the studio but the year was around 1972.

HollywoodLocations