Thread: PhoenixMart
View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 7, 2013, 3:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
Arq,

I ve seen the ad for leasing consultants also, but not sure what is "shady" about it....standard type want ad for that type of position in my experience.

Remember, this eventually will have a lot of real estate components associated with it beyond the actual center itself with hotels, apartment complexes, and single family development all in the later phases. Also, Im not surprised by the real estate bent since the developers are big real estate people and of course the recently hired CEO is heavily real estate experienced.

I guess I can respect those who don't believe the project will ever come to fruition (although with all the recent developments that argument is getting harder to make), or that is will be a long term success, or even that you dislike the premise of the "EB-5" investors, but I don't get any "unprofessional" vibe from this thing at all.

Remember these are the same people who developed the Chinese Cultural center downtown PHX so they know what they are doing as far as bringing a project to reality..
I'm not sure how familiar with Phoenix you are, but I am pretty sure no one would call 40th street "downtown Phoenix".

Also, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Chinese Cultural Center, but it has been in great decline for a number of years now. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against the place, in fact I used to go eat there often before many of the restaurants closed, and I still do most of my shopping for Asian goods there, since Lee Lee's is really far away from where I live; but the center is really struggling. It has a lot of vacancies, and many of the great restaurants that used to be there have closed down. It seem like every time I go, I notice more empty store fronts.

I am sure whomever developed it put a lot of work into it, but it is clear that they have done near to nothing to prevent it from dying once it was finished. Is this the same approach they will take with Phoenix Mart?

Last edited by Arquitect; Aug 7, 2013 at 3:26 AM.