View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 6:44 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares41 View Post
No sure W57th street is a"gateway" to Manhattan at least not on the same level as W42nd, neverthless, its in a highly visible location, thus, something spectacular, which this is, will be appreciated.
Dunno, maybe because it's so close to the terminal, or just in general on the waterfront. The towers just to the north (Riverside Center) got approved, so although I expect a rocky approval process for this one, I don't see why it wouldn't get through. And it's good that they're talking to the CPC early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony73
It's a fantastic project, a good thing for New York and I hope that Durst can build it, but... a question, when Planning Commissioner Amanda Burden goes out?
If mayor-for-life Bloomberg decides to stay on for a fourth term, Burden would likely stay on. Overall, she's done a good job with the Planning Commission.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.