View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2012, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
Looks like they are rising again...really hope this gets a tenant before it's capped. I can live with #2 not rising now
Pardon my not understanding your comment; but I don't quite understand what T2 has to do with the status of this tower.

Moderators, please forgive what might be perceived as a deviation from the pending topic but........

Generally speaking, I'm completely stumped as to why some folks here are taking on this "oh well" attitude when faced with the lingering uncertainty over the WTC's full-scale completion. What *particularly* befuddles me is why said folks seem to harbor said attitude regarding T2, which by admission of said folks' majority is the one element of the complex that needs to rise first!

At the risk of further beating the dead horse, I'm not saitisfied with the idea that T3 and T4 somehow recreates a mini-Twins perception on the skyline...so let's just stop there while the economy struggles back to its feet, then we can watch "3" shoot up and that's the end of it.

No. Messrs. Silverstein and (Lord) Foster have spent too much time and capital--both human and monetary--to have their hopes to realize "2" wither on the vine...and *especially* because it's been pronounced by the "experts" the least likely to rise. Least likely in this case in no way translates to "not happening".

Both 2 and 3 will rise. Anchor tenants *at least*, as well as the financing that such occupancy will surely bring about, are there. I'm sure that many of us have heard faint whisperings of positive news on the economic front. Major players looking for space I'm sure have been hearing the same news and are IMO simply biding their time.

One more thing: How many *years* were we agonizing over whether 1WTC will *even get off the ground* with all the delays and personality clusterscrews...yet what are we on the verge of seeing being topped out and crowned with a beacon in the heavens??? And T4 is how close reaching its summit, too?? Should we not then learn to have just as much patience with what remains?

I'm gonna keep batting some of y'alls doubting Thomases about the head, neck and shoulders with this till y'alls get it.

Last edited by JayPro; Apr 28, 2012 at 7:11 PM. Reason: expansion