View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 21, 2016, 1:47 AM
somewhere in-between

Neat idea for a topic!

I didn't see this one posted yet (though I'm sure several others on here know of it). Sampsonia Way, a unique alley in Pittsburgh, has some colorful scenes, especially if you look back to 2008, when locals organized a 'parade' to celebrate the return of the google vehicle to their humble local. Granted, it's all staged, but there's some interesting things to see.

Starting at the west end of the street, a colorful...monster?...piñata?...peeks out from a doorway:

Further down, you see some new millennials moving to the hippest new neighborhood:

Crossing Guards to guide the volumes of alley traffic. Piñata man looks to be in trouble on the right side of the image:

Someone climbing out a window to get in on the action:

The parade, complete with confetti and a marching band, passes by the Mattress Factory:

Not sure what kind of garage start-up is going on here - love-ray laser device?:

Marathon Runners:

At this corner store, note the person dressed as a...ham (I had to zoom in closer to see):

Across the street, the fun continues, with a giant chicken / turkey. Hopefully sans-person inside:

Additionally. here are some of the decorated houses near the Mattress Factory:

The same site, in 2007:

Last edited by deja vu; Aug 21, 2016 at 3:10 AM.