View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 9:14 PM

My Grandmother worked at Bullocks Downtown, sometime in 1957 she started working for the Candy Family. The first house she worked at for the Candy's was located on San Vincente in Santa Monica/Brentwood area. She also help keep the Apartment the Candy's had on Wilshire near the LA Country Club. The last location of the Candy's was in Malibu. Walter Candy (Mr. Candy) was the President of the I-Magnin/Bullocks chain. He married Kate Winnett, who's father P.G. was co-founder of Bullock's.

As a kid i always wondered why our luggage had the initials KWC, i was told it was Granny's Luggage which just got me even more confused. Well it seems when the Candy's passed away in the mid 70's, Granny was responsible for the estate as the Candy's didn't have kids. We still have the full set of Mrs. Candy Louis Vuitton Luggage (and one Hartman piece belonging to Mr. Candy) that was purchased at Bullock's Wilshire.. and i do travel with it.

Candy's Butler and Granny at Malibu Estate

[IMG][url=https://postimages.org/][/IMG]

Aunt Delores doing her Nurse Training at the Candy's

Mrs. Candy liked to drink and Granny became more of a paid friend (think Driving Mrs. Daisy)/ caregiver. She tried to get Mrs. Candy to move to the Duplex on Spaulding (only 5 miles away from Bullocks Wilshire) but the permit didn't go through.

Mr. and Mrs. Candy Malibu

Mrs. Candy

Granny working
image uploading

and last because i mentioned him earlier, P.G. Winnett.

Malibu 1964