View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 30, 2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Pal View Post
I am so sorry to see all the negative attention on Justin Turner, even if one thinks it's warranted. Besides this, he is such a fine human being. He's a part of the city and does charity work all the time on behalf of various segments of the community. He was a nominee this year for MLB's Roberto Clemente Award, an annual recognition of the MLB player "who best represents the game through extraordinary character, community involvement, philanthropy and positive contributions, both on and off the field."

In the world we live in now you can be suddenly erased for ONE thing, despite anything else. You know the old saying about walking a mile in someone else's shoes. You've worked your whole life for something and not only is it at hand, but it happens and then...you're not supposed to have any part of it? And everyone else who has no idea about any of that judges you. Because you're not perfect? As a fan I know the feeling from afar of wanting the elusive prize...going on ten years in a row getting to the play-offs, the end stretch, and each year one step forward, two steps back, victories snatched in the last innings and one possibly snatched by a cheating scandal. And I'm a fan, not a player doing all the work. I have to give Justin Turner a pass because I cannot say that I wouldn't have done the same thing.

VIDEO: Many Different Landmarks in Los Angeles Light Up Blue
...........to Celebrate the Dodgers' World Series Championship
https://www.mlb.com/video/la-landmar...t=world-series

I agree largely, and Turner was one of my favorite players. Always seemed to come through in the clutch. If he had left his mask on when he came back on the field it would not have been such a big story. But he made a bad judgement. He was right next to manager Roberts, who is a cancer survivor and older. What if he gets it? Hopefully not. Hopefully this thing will be forgotten and forgiven. Dodger blue City Hall looks cool.

Last edited by CaliNative; Oct 31, 2020 at 1:33 AM.