View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 1:59 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
I wonder if there's a way to build the bridge in a way that does not impact Kettle Island. Perhaps a suspension bridge that goes over it. Yes, it will be more expensive, but it will protect the environment while providing the most efficient link between A50 and the 417.

As for Western Chorus Frog, I assume they are between St-Louis and the River. If the Quebec side pier is north of St-Louis, construction could mostly avoid the natural habitat.

Another solution might be to curve the route on the Quebec side, around the houses to connect with Jacques-Cartier and cross closer to the tip of Kettle. Maybe even a curved bridge. Again, that would make the crossing far more expensive, but that is the cost of balancing different priorities. The more we wait, the more challenging and expensive this project will be.
I may be mistaken but I think the frogs are actually at the corner of Montée Paiement and Boulevard du Carrefour. On the plot of land just north of the Home Depot.

Both the new arena project and the Library and Archives project had issues related to this same amphibian, so I assume that's what they mean when they say it is near Montée Paiement.

"Montée Paiement" does not really extend to St-Louis and the river. At least not yet.

Another point is that as I've already said, the roadway on Montée Paiement probably is going to stay as it is now after the bridge is built.

So if the land north of Home Depot is what they are talking about, they aren't going to be running a new road over the frogs there.

I guess there is the question of the impact of increased heavy truck traffic nearby.